A handy sized set of score displays, to bench test your CPU, and give full display/menu access in a compact size. Completely re-designed for 2017 to be easier to use and more powerful than the old discreet-logic version.
Current code only supports original Williams System 3-7 boards. More info below.
Struggling to get some parts, availability currently hit and miss.
2 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Ever been bench-testing a board, and really wish you could see what's on the displays? Welcome to our latest version, the universal bench display. Gives you a handy, portable, easy to use set of score displays anywhere you need them. Shows all 4 players, plus the ball/credit display, with a compact OLED display.
With just one button, you can switch between the currently supported Williams 6 and 7 digit display sets in factory original System 3-7 boards. At current, System 9 and some aftermarket boards require a code update to function.
An upgrade path will also be available, memory space permitting, to run other systems of displays as code updates become available.
The following photo shows the tester installed onto a System 6 CPU board. One alligator clip goes to a +5v source, the other to a ground location, and you can't reverse them. Doesn't matter which one is power or ground, as long as you don't short them out. I typically use TP9 and TP10 on system 3-7 CPU boards. Just be careful on system 6. As shown here, the test points are very close together.
Version 020 (Intial Prototype)
-Initial version of OLED display, prototype batch. Functional but many production annoyances and un-necessary components.
Version 021 (Production ready development step)
- Removed LED's, reset button, plus associated resistors and capacitors for both.
- Changed from FTDI to SPI header.
- Added rectifier to prevent reverse voltage.
- Increased size of all passives to 1206.
- Revised mounting holes for OLED display.
- Broke out all unused I/O's to separate header.
- Changed mode select switch from thru-hole to surface mount.
- Corrected and revised traces leading into main I/O header.
Version 022 (First regular production version)
- Corrected programming trace layout.
- Added selection jumpers for Vcc/Gnd into OLED, due to differences in available display modules.
- Changing to a .156 power header instead of .100 for more reliable crimps.
- Minor dimensional changes.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Quick plug-in board that gives you push buttons...
Lamp matrix simulator board. These simulate the...
22 gauge stranded wire, 4 conductor, with...
Extra wire harness for your switch matrix test...
Budget switch matrix tester, giving an input...
The return of a classic, back by popular...
The return of my now-famous (or is it infamous)...
VERY handy tester piece, designed for a quick...